Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Great vacation so far... only 4 days left

Alan, dad and I are in the den watching Space Cowboys right now. It's pretty good but honestly I'm more into playing tetris while we watch. :)

Today was a good day. Alan and dad went to the Tuesday morning book club at Panero Bread in Athens and mom and I went to the health club to do a stretching class. I was just going to workout but mom convinced me to check it out and it was a really good class actually. It was also harder than I thought it would be. I don't stretch nearly enough when I workout.

After working out mom dropped me off at home and she went to the church for prayer time. Mel and the kids then came to get me here and we went to Gyro Wrap in downtown Athens for lunch and to see Old Dogs at the dollar theater. It was average - funny at parts but only an average story line I thought. When we got home mom had accidentally locked me out so I read a bit on the porch and then walked to downtown Watkinsville to do a little window shopping. I got Charlotte a cute Georgia Bulldogs denim jacket. Christine and mom and Charlotte were back at the house when I got home and so we hung out for a bit before I made fajitas and quesadillas for the family for dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy them.

Yesterday Alan and I went out to breakfast with Eric and Ellen Peters who serve as full-time missionaries with Pioneers. They are off to Tunisia, Africa on Wednesday to speak at a seminar and then off to Thailand for some work with Pioneers before starting their home assignments. We had a good talk with them about what's been happening with me at work and what the Lord has in store for us next. They really encouraged us. Who knows - maybe Alan and I will end up with Pioneers somewhere. We'll keep praying and see where the Lord leads.

A few more days left of vacation only. Alan and dad went fishing today on Lake Oconee. Alan caught one but they weren't really biting too much I guess. I don't know whether they'll go fishing again this week up at Hartwell or not. We spent several, several hours cleaning it, waxing it, etc yesterday. It looked like a new boat when we were finished.

Well the movie just finished and we're off to bed. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment